Dimensions of Culture
Definition: Dimensions of Culture is a national culture model by Fons Trompenaars and Charles Hampden-Turner with 7 dimensions:
- Universalism versus Particularism
- Individualism versus Collectivism/Communitarianism
- Neutral versus Emotional
- Specific versus Diffuse
- Achievement versus Ascription
- Sequential versus Synchronic Time
- Internal versus External Control/Direction
The model helps to understand people and organizations from different cultural backgrounds (countries, regions) better and, to prevent misunderstandings, and to achieve better working relationships.
MBA Brief offers brief, yet very accurate definitions of MBA concepts, frameworks, methods and models. We keep it short and provide some links in case you'd like to learn more around a subject.
© 2021 MBA Brief - Last updated: 21-1-2021 - Privacy | Terms