Dimensions of Culture
Definition: Dimensions of Culture is a national culture model by Fons Trompenaars and Charles Hampden-Turner with 7 dimensions:
- Universalism versus Particularism
- Individualism versus Collectivism/Communitarianism
- Neutral versus Emotional
- Specific versus Diffuse
- Achievement versus Ascription
- Sequential versus Synchronic Time
- Internal versus External Control/Direction
The model helps to understand people and organizations from different cultural backgrounds (countries, regions) better and, to prevent misunderstandings, and to achieve better working relationships.
MBA Brief offers accurate and concise definitions of MBA concepts, frameworks, methods and models.
We love to keep things really short, but provide links to learn more about your subject and to similar concepts.
© 2022 MBA Brief - Last updated: 27-9-2022 - Privacy | Terms