Definition: CATWOE is a checklist of 6 aspects to stimulate thought and to completely describe any complex or 'soft' system or issue.
The acronym was defined by Checkland as a part of his Soft Systems Methodology:
- Customer. Everyone who benefits or suffers from the issue.
- Actor. Transform inputs into outputs and performs the activities in the system.
- Transformation process. The conversion of inputs to outputs.
- World view (Weltanschauung). The big picture, real problem you're trying to sollve.
- Owner. The position of the one who has the power to start up, shut down or veto the system.
- Environmental constraints such as ethical legal, financial considerations.
MBA Brief offers brief, yet very accurate definitions of MBA concepts, frameworks, methods and models. We keep it short and provide some links in case you'd like to learn more around a subject.
© 2021 MBA Brief - Last updated: 18-1-2021 - Privacy | Terms