Definition: Organizational Configurations is an organizational framework by Henry Mintzberg describing six valid organizational setups:
- Simple Structure (Entrepreneurial Startup)
- Machine Bureaucracy
- Professional Organization (Professional Bureaucracy)
- Division Organization
- Ad-hocracy (Innovative Organization)
- Idealistic Organization (Missionary Organization) (added later by Mintzberg)
The OCs from Mintzberg are useful to analyze:
* Why and how is an organization shaped in a particular way?
* Where can inefficiencies be expected?
* What problems and conflicts are likely to occur?
MBA Brief offers accurate and concise definitions of MBA concepts, frameworks, methods and models.
We love to keep things really short, but provide links to learn more about your subject and to similar concepts.
© 2022 MBA Brief - Last updated: 27-9-2022 - Privacy | Terms